Bull’s Eye

Golden West Brewing Co. was Oakland’s longest running and biggest brewery.  Located in West Oakland on 5th Street and later moved to 7th Street, the physical building was home to many different labels and brews throughout the 19th and 20th Centuries. Beginning as Washington Brewery in 1891 and ending as Pacific Brewing in 1959,

Golden West Brewing Co. was the longest running of all the labels, producing brews from 1933 until 1950.   During prohibition, they found a way to produce “de-alcoholized” beverages, and eventually resumed full production when prohibition ended, something that was rarely done with success.

Beers produced from this location included Golden Glow [stout, ale, bock, and beer], Bulls Eye Beer, El Capitan Beer, Excell Beer, Sunset Beer, and Golden West Steam Brew.